Frequently asked questions
Demonstrable and transparent quality assurance constitutes a license to produce. Certification like Fami-QS certification shows your commitment to a set of globally recognized principles, opening the global market.
- The animal feed industry, including ingredient suppliers, is part of the food chain and is responsible for the safety of its products
- HACCP is a proactive approach which links the feed chain to the food chain
- Quality control of raw materials is a mutual concern for suppliers and the animal feed industry
- The trade and industry are assuming their responsibility for product safety
By achieving the GMP certification, your company can demonstrably guarantee that animal feeds and animal feed ingredients meet the legal rules and the requirements which have been agreed with the parties in the chain.
The GMP certification with proper Fami-Qs training enables your organization to:
- Communicate confidence to the customers, demonstrating that the feed or feed ingredients are produced by means of safe processes
- Prove that all reasonable precautions have been taken care of
- Allow the customers to demand certification and assessment of suppliers if they operate in a country with a strong feed safety legislative framework
- Reduce the number of audits carried out by the customers and, consequently, save costs and management time
- Reduce product waste and product recall
- Improve relations with the food safety authorities
- Improve efficiency
Certification to the GMP standards provide an effective means for communicating with stakeholders and other interested parties. It is an important element in demonstrating feed safety commitment under corporate governance, corporate responsibility, and financial reporting requirements.