CMMI: Capability Maturity Model Integration
What CMMI is: A process improvement model that provides a set of industry-recognized practices to address productivity, performance, costs and stakeholder satisfaction in the systems engineering and software development process.
- Helps your organization examine the effectiveness of your processes
- Establishes priorities for improvement
- Helps you implement these improvements
How CMMI is different: The CMMI provides an integrated, consistent, enduring framework for enterprise-wide process improvement and can accommodate new initiatives as future needs are identified. Unlike single-discipline or stove-pipe models that can result in confusion and higher costs when implemented together.
Who it is for: Those providing systems and software engineering products and services to organizations who transform customer needs expectations, and constraints into products, and supporting these products throughout their life. If you manufacture, code, analyze, maintain or document a product, you need this!
CMMI Maturity Levels:
A maturity level is a well-defined evolutionary plateau toward achieving a mature software process. Each maturity level provides a layer in the foundation for continuous process improvement.
In CMMI models with a staged representation, there are five maturity levels designated by the numbers 1 through 5 whereby 1 is the lowest level of maturity and 5 the highest. The five levels are actually:
- Quantitatively Managed
Attributes Of Successful Projects
- Effective project planning
- Effective project cost estimating
- Effective project measurements
- Effective project milestone tracking
- Effective project quality control
- Effective risk management
- Effective project change management
- Effective processes
- Effective communications
- Capable project managers
- Capable technical personnel
- Significant use of specialists
- Substantial volumes of reusable material
4C Consulting Private Limited is one of the leading professional consulting firm for CMMI certification or CMMI level accreditation. We are the CMMI consultant and consulting for CMMI Certification, CMMI Training, CMMI Implementation, CMMI Documentation & CMMI level accreditation.
CMMI Implementation Benefits
- More explicitly link their management and engineering activities to their business objectives
- Expand their visibility into their product life cycle and engineering activities to ensure that their products and services meet customer expectations
- Incorporate lessons learned from additional areas of best practice (e.g., measurement and risk management)
- Implement more robust high-maturity practices
- Address additional organizational functions critical to their products and services
- More fully comply with relevant ISO standards