What is ISO 39001 What are its key implementation steps and benefits
31st Oct, 2022
Around 1.35 million lives are cut short annually due to automobile accidents on the roads. There are an additional 20 to 50 million non-fatal injury victims, many of whom develop disabilities as a result of their injury (2018 World Health Organization). An ISO 39001:2012 compliant road traffic safety management system (RTSMS) can help enterprises that interact with the road traffic system increase safety, lower incident rates, and lower the risk of serious injury or fatality from traffic-related accidents. By having your organization RTSMS certified, you can be sure that it is operating efficiently and in accordance with your system’s goals and policies.
What is ISO 39001?
The international standard ISO 39001 establishes the framework for the Road Traffic Safety Management System (RTSMS). The danger of injuries or fatalities brought on by traffic accidents can be decreased, which can help organizations that operate with the road traffic systems. Companies that are dedicated to enhancing traffic safety will gain from implementing ISO 39001 into practice. Certification to the standard will help your organization implement your company’s road safety management system objectives and action plans within your operations.
Why to implement ISO 39001 for managing Road Traffic Safety?
Road injury prevention calls for systematic management throughout the public and commercial sectors, a clear focus on achieving results, and significant shared accountability. Organizations of all shapes and sizes can benefit from using ISO 39001 to manage road safety. Organizations implementing ISO 39001 can reap the following benefits;
- Participate in efforts on a national and international level to stop the death and serious injury caused by car accidents.
- Establish organizational dedication to a critical public concern.
- Address one of the main occupational safety issues the organisation faces.
- Reduce organizational accident and incident costs, as well as working days missed due to injuries
- Targeting road safety hazards requires making the greatest use of the resources at hand.
- Promote the company, raise its profile, and boost sales.
- Boost your competitive edge in the tendering process.
- Reduce the cost of repairs and insurance.
Who can apply for ISO 39001?
Regardless of their form or size, all public or private organizations that engage with the road traffic system must adhere to the ISO 39001 standard. Examples of organizations who can opt for an RTSMS system is
- A company with a fleet of vehicles
- A company whose employees commute by car
- A business engaged in road or public transportation (bus, coach)
- A corporation that operates parking lots or highways
Requirements for implementing ISO 39001
The ISO 39001 defines the circumstances and elements surrounding auto accidents and other traffic incidents that have an influence on, or have the potential to have an impact on, road user fatalities or serious injuries. Following should be considered while implementing ISO 39001;
- RTS Policy.
- RST Management system.
- RTS Performance.
- RTS Objective.
- RTS Targets.
- RTS Corrective actions.
- RTS Preventive actions.
The 4C roadmap to excellence
With unmatched expertise in the industry and analytical approach, we drive to yield the best solutions for your organization with a promise of long-term profit.
- Gap Analysis: We identify the organization’s strength and current status; understand the gap in line with the required standard for respective departments, processes and personnel, and accordingly, formulate the Growth plan.
- Awareness Training: Awareness Training modules are custom designed for Core Committee which covers the standard overview, the roadmap for certification and observations and examples gathered from the gap analysis
- Documentation: We prepare the Management System Documentation as per the requirements of ISO and Management System Standards after taking due consideration of the Gap Analysis results.
- Implementation and Monitoring: Function specific guidance and periodic monitoring to implement the Documented System.
- Internal Auditor Training: Train and Lead Cross Functional Internal Audit Team to effectively audit implemented system.
- Management Review: Assist Top Management to review the effectiveness of the implemented system, internal audit results, Management System Policy, Objectives and Targets.
- Registration Audit: Coordination with certification agency for audits and up-gradation of systems till certification.
- System Value Management: Periodic monitoring, review, training and up-gradation of Management system to sustain & improve effectiveness, planned internal audit to measure effectiveness & assistance in surveillance audit.
How 4C Can Help Your Organization Get ISO 39001 Certification?
To help your organization receive all the benefits of ISO 39001, our team of certified consultants is equipped to provide you exceptional consulting as well as training. Our team of experts at 4C have helped 20+ clients gain international recognition, credibility, and trust from customers, powered by 400+ training hours. To implement ISO 39001 certification in your organization, Contact us now.