AS 9100: Aerospace Products Quality Management System
AS 9100 Key Clients :
Quality and reliability are very important for the aerospace product manufacturer. Quality failure in Aerospace Industry can be fatal. In such environment AS 9100 effective implementation plays a key role in helping to reduce risks
QMS have been implemented in the aerospace industry since long. Members of the aerospace industry initiated development for a single common Quality Management System which resulted in AS 9100, 9110, 9120.
- AS 9100 - Quality Management System Requirements for Design and/or Manufacture of Aerospace Products
- AS 9110 - Quality Management System Requirements for Maintenance Organizations
- AS 9120 - Quality Management System Requirements for Stockist Distributors
The AS 9100 Standards are a series of specific standards based on ISO 9001 and developed by the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) to meet the specific regulatory, safety and reliability requirements demanded by the aerospace sector.
Scope & Application
The aerospace series of standards cover the wide range of organizations working within the aerospace sector, from design and manufacture to maintenance organizations and distributors of aerospace products.
AS 9100 is applicable to organisations that design and manufacture products for the aerospace industry including parts, components and assemblies.
AS 9120 is applicable to stockists and distributors of parts to manufacturers that supply the aerospace industry. This standard addresses chain of custody, traceability, stock control and availability of records.
AS 9100 Requirements
The organization shall
- Identify the processes of the organization & interaction of these processes,
- Determine operational controls to ensure processes are effective,
- Ensure the availability of adequate resources and information
- Monitor, measure and analyse processes, and
- Implement necessary actions to achieve planned objectives and targets.
The quality management system documentation shall include
- Quality policy and quality objectives,
- Quality manual,
- Documented procedures & work instructions,
- Documents and records needed for effective implementation of processes,
- Quality requirements by the applicable regulatory authorities.
The extent of AS 9100 documentation may vary from one organization to another due to the:
- Size of organization and type of activities
- Complexity of processes and their interaction
- Competence of personnel
AS 9100 Implementation Benefits
AS 9100 implementation improves / leads to
- Policies & Objectives set by 'top management'
- Conformance to Legal and Regulatory Requirements
- Controlled consistency of manufactured products
- Managed productivity and efficiency, controlling costs
- Competitive advantage and increased marketing and sales opportunities.
- Improved customer perception of the organization’s image, culture and performance.
- Improved internal and external Communications
- Greater understanding of the organization's processes
- Clear responsibilities and authorities agreed for all staff
- Improved use of time and resources
- Reduced wastage
- Greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Customer Confidence, Satisfaction and Trust
- Level of Assurance in Organizational Quality
- Organizational Profitability
- Ability to Differentiate Organization for Competitive Advantage
- Organizational Credibility & Reputation
Achievement of certification to AS 9100, 9110 or 9120 demonstrates a consistent approach to the aerospace industry accepted standards.
Why Choose 4C Consulting ?
- Team 4C has IRCA certified AS 9100 auditors for Consulting Services
- 800+ certifications in different industries
- Hands on experience of Team 4C in implementing Aerospace products quality management tools would help to gain early benefits
We offer a customized training program on AS 9100 for
AS 9100 Know More
Who does AS 9100 apply to?
AS9100 certification can be used throughout the entire aerospace supply chain including the design and manufacture of airport and airline operations, replacement parts, supply and maintenance, cargo handling, overhaul and repair depots and flight operations.
What is the purpose of the AS 9100 standard?
The AS 9100 standard on quality management system requirements is intended to be used at all levels of the supply chain. Its use can result in improved quality, schedule and cost performance. This standard is primarily developed for the aviation, space and defense industry, but can also be used in other industries.