IFS:Food Safety Management System
IFS is particularly suitable if you are a supplier of German and French retailer branded food products regardless of your size, sector and location. As the food industry is truly international the standard is applicable to suppliers throughout the world.
IFS is divided into five chapters and the following lists the subject requirements you need to meet to comply with the standard:
- Senior Management responsibility
- Quality management system
- Resource management
- Production process
- Measurements, analysis and improvements
The structure of IFS corresponds to ISO 9001, but with a focus on food safety, HACCP, hygiene, the manufacturing process and business surroundings.
IFS Implementation Benefits
IFS implementation improves / leads to
- You can demonstrate a commitment to supplying a safe quality food product
- Helps to ensure you are meeting your legal and regulatory obligations
- Enhances your ability to supply retailers through internationally recognized product assurance
- Supports enhanced product safety thereby minimizing product liability risks and recalls
- Acknowledged by the Global Food Safety Initiative, a task force of leading global food chains, which further enhances its reputation
- IFS certification can reduce both internal and external audit costs by using one uniform standard
- Being certified to IFS can raise your company's reputation, brand and image
- The certification process supports continuous improvement through ongoing surveillance and corrective actions.
We offer a customized training programme on IFS for