ISO 14064: Greenhouse Gas Accounting Verification
What is a Greenhouse Gas Accounting / Carbon Footprint?
Climate change is one of the most critical global environmental issues which we face today. In an effort to address climate change, numerous voluntary and regulatory greenhouse gas (GHG) programs have evolved across the globe. In our country, central and state government regulation on measurement, reporting and verifications (MRV) of GHG emission inventories/ reductions is imminent. Business therefore faces increasingly complex requirements for identifying and reporting GHG emissions and achieving reduction targets. Stakeholders expect companies to publicly reveal their performance concerning climate change and other sustainability issues. Businesses must decide how to respond to growing demand for environmental and social accountability.
What is ISO 14064:2006?
The ISO 14064 is a standard for Quantification, Reporting & Verification of Greenhouse Gas Emission. It is supposed to be captured into 3 different parts..
Greenhouse gases - Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals (ISO 14064-1).
Greenhouse gases - Part 2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions and removal enhancements (ISO 14064-2).
Greenhouse gases - Part 3: Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions (ISO 14064-3).
ISO 14064 Model
The purpose of this document is to provide information and direction on the Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations' expectations for implementation, transition and registration.
General & Documentation Requirements
Level 1: System Manual
Level 2: System procedures
Level 3: Work instruction, SOPs, Aspects-Impact, Hazard Risk analysis, HACCP, PPAP, FMEA, Control plan, Legal requirements, Energy Reviews, Carbon footprint, Risk Assessment, TCF
Level 4: Formats for maintenance of Records
ISO 14064 Implementation Benefits
- Prepare for future regulatory compliance
- Allow accurate reporting to customers, stockholders, and other stakeholders
- Know where to focus your GHG reduction efforts based on actual and historical inventories
- Obtain credit for early action taken to reduce GHG.
- Enhance corporate image and reputation among stakeholders
- Satisfy stakeholder and consumer expectations
- Reduce impacts to human health and the environment
- Improve resource efficiency
- Identify key issues and opportunities for improvement and reducing GHG emissions
Why Choose 4C Consulting ?
- Team 4C has IRCA certified ISO 14064 auditors for Consulting Services
- 50+ certifications for environment energy & climate change management system in different industries.
- Hands on experience of Team 4C in implementing other Environmental & Energy Management standards such as RC14001 , ISO 14001, ISO 50001 will help to gain early benefits
We offer a customized training program on ISO 14064:2006 for
- ISO 14064 - Awareness on implementation and documentation requirements
- ISO 14064 - Internal Auditor training
4C Consulting Private Limited is one of the leading professional consulting firm for ISO 14064 Environment Management System (EMS) certification. We are the ISO 14064 consultants and consulting for ISO 14064 Certification, ISO 14064 Training, ISO 14064 Implementation, ISO 14064 Documentation in Ahmedabad, Baroda Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Vaapi, Ankleshwar, Mumbai Bombay, Pune, Bangalore, Maharashtra, Gujarat, India USA, Canada, Europe, U.K., France, Japan, China,UAE, Kuwait, Middle East, Asia & Africa.
ISO 14064 Know More
Why is ISO developing a climate change standard?
First and foremost, ISO is developing a GHG standard because climate change is one of the greatest challenges facing nations, governments, businesses and citizens. Climate change can potentially have an impact on environmental, social and economic systems. As such, government and multi-stakeholder initiatives are being developed to limit GHG emissions through various regulatory schemes and incentive programs such as trading, taxes, voluntary incentive programs, international treaties and carbon sequestration projects. Examples include: California Climate Action Registry, EU GHG Emissions Trading Scheme, US EPA Climate Leaders, Climate Neutral Network, Australia GHG Challenge, UK Emissions Trading Scheme, to name a few. Most of these initiatives rely upon sound quantification of GHG emissions and/or removals. ISO seeks to provide a standard that provides clear and consistent specifications for quantifying, monitoring, reporting and verifying GHGs.
How will my business benefit from the 14064 standard?
The international GHG standard will enable businesses to measure and report their GHG emissions consistently with the rest of the world. International corporations will be able to prepare global inventories using a single set of rules and procedures. All companies will have the ability to compare themselves against their counterparts throughout the world in terms of GHG performance, potentially leveraging their exemplary GHG emission performance into a competitive advantage.
ISO 14064 is also expected to support the following:
- Creation of comparable GHG units
- Consistency and transparency in reporting
- Improved management of GHG related liabilities and assets
- Support of GHG unit trading
- Facilitated participation in voluntary GHG initiatives