Frequently Asked Questions ISO 45001
The benefits to Implementing ISO 45001 are endless and when implemented correctly it provides the company with an effective tool that will show return on investment. With continued increases in insurance premiums, increased injury claims and spiraling health care costs the question companies need to ask themselves if they can afford not to implement ISO 45001.
If you are currently certified, you need to:
- Monitor the changes,
- Talk to your assessor or the Client manager,
- Considering the existing integrating opportunity with the existing management system,
- Aware the Senior management about the changes that are coming,
- Developing a transition plan.
The transition period is likely to be two-three years time to move your business to a new standard.
- ISO 45001:2018 can be integrated with the ISO 9001 (Quality) and ISO 14001 (Environmental) management systems standards, in order to facilitate the integration of quality, environmental and occupational health and safety management systems by organizations, should they wish to do so.
- The overall structure of the standard is similar to other relevant standard and many key requirements are common to all systems (e.g. policy, objectives, document control, internal auditing, and management review, corrective and preventive actions).
- Such integrated standardization approach allows certification bodies to provide organizations with Integrated Management System certification including all the three major standards for Quality, Environment, Health and Safety.